Stay tuned to Norman TV over the next twelve days for some helpful information about exactly what is about to happen. Just in case you don’t know (or have forgotten), the final date for the Digital Transition is June 12, 2009 and it is coming fast. If you haven’t made plans for keeping your local channel reception from antenna, you are running out of time…
What does all this mean to you?
- If you receive your locals from antenna reception of some sort, you will be losing your high power analog channels in 12 days.
- If you haven’t already, you need a digital to analog converter to continue receiving your locals via your antenna system.
- Even though you have good reception of your local analog channels through your antenna system does not guarantee you will have good reception of all of your available digital channels.
- If you have heard that you can get your digital channels through a set top antenna, (rabbit ears), you may be disappointed to find you can’t.
- If you receive your locals from satellite or antenna, you are fine for now.
Over the next twelve days, as we count down to the completion of the digital transition, we will be talking about what is and what isn’t happening. You may be surprised at some of the questions we have been asked, so, check back with us everyday to catch a short report in the NTV View (our video magazine). Everyday over the next twelve we’ll present a short video presentation (plus the written version) of some of those questions and a countdown to the final transistion.